1 Automated Drilling Systems, Perm, Russia 2 VNIIBT, Moscow, Russia
Keywords: coefficient of friction, horizontal drilling, weight on bit (WOB), drilling tool, top power drive, shearing load, oscillation
The article is devoted to the problem of insufficient adjustment of the axial load on the bit during directional drilling of horizontal wells with a length of a horizontal section of more than 1000 meters. The causes of this phenomenon are considered and an effective way to eliminate it is proposed due to the oscillation of the upper power drive and automation of the process of controlling the drilling mode according to a patented algorithm.
1. Field Proof of the New Sliding Technology for Directional Drilling / E. Maidla, M. Haci, S. Jone [et al.] // SPE/IADC Drilling Conf., Feb. 23–25, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. – 2005. – DOI: 10.2118/92558-MS
2. Sadlier A.G., Laing M. Interoperability: An Enable for Drilling Automation and a Driver for Innovation // SPE/IADC Drilling Conf. and Exhibition, March 1–3, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. – 2011. – DOI: 10.2118/140114-MS
3. Pat. 2681325 Ros. Federatsiya, MPK E21B 44/02. Sposob avtomaticheskogo regulirovaniya podachi burovogo instrumenta v protsesse bureniya / A.P. Granov, M.E. Burakov, I.Yu. Shirokov, D.A. Khlebnikov; patentoobladatel' OOO "Avtomatizirovannye sistemy bureniya". – № 2018124080; zayavl. 02.07.2018; opubl. 06.03.2019, Byul. № 7.
4. Sadlier A.G., Laing M., Shields J.A. Data Aggregation and Drilling Automation: Connecting the Interoperability Bridge between Acquisition, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Control // IADC/SPE Drilling Conf. and Exhibition, March 6–8, 2012, San Diego, California, USA. – DOI: 10.2118/151412-MS
5. Sistema programmnogo obespecheniya WELLPLAN: rukovodstvo dlya pol'zovatelya. – Release 2000.0 / Landmark Graphics Corporation. – 2001.
6. Teale R. The Concept of Specific Energy in Rock Drilling // Int. J. of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences & Geomechanics Abstracts. – 1965. – Vol. 2, Issue 1. – P. 57–73. – DOI: 10.1016/0148-9062(65)90022-7