SYNTHESIS OF DIISOPROPYL ETHER BY ISOPROPANOL CONDENSATION OVER HETEROPOLYCOMPOUNDS
Lavrinenko Aleksey Alexandrovich1,
Stytsenko Valentin Dmitrievich1
1Gubkin Russian State University Oil Gas
Keywords: catalysts, isopropanol dehydration
Perspectives of using of heteropolycompounds (HPC) as catalysts in isopropanol dehydration are shown. Optimal composition and concentration of HPC on the surface is found. The catalysts provide maximal yield of diisopropyl ether (DIPE) of 21.3 %. The influence of basic parameters of the process on the activity and selectivity of the catalysts is studied. The best result is obtained at temperatures of 135−145 °С and concentration of water 2 % wt. Based on HPC catalysts were shown to possess the higher activity (up 5−10 times) as compared with industrial zeolite catalysts
1. Chu P., Kuhl G.H. Preparation of MTBE over Zeolit Catalysts. Ind.& Engng. Chem. Res., 1987, v.26, p. 365.
2. Данилов А.М. Присадки и добавки. - М.: Химия, 1996. - 232 с.
3. Wood A. Chem. Week, 1992, № 7.
4. Taylor R.J., Dai P.E., Knifton J.F. Diisopropyl ether one step generation from acetone-rich feedstock. Catalysis Letter, 2000, № 1-5.
5. Jarecka T., Miescheriakow St., Datka J. Acid and catalytic of supported sulfopolyphenylketones in the formation of DIPE, MTBE and TAME ethers. Studies in Surface and Catalysis, 2000, p. 2615-2620.
6. Lopez-Salinas E., Hernandez-Cortez J.G., Navarrete J. Formation of diisopropyl ether from 2-propanol using Keggin-type H3PW12O40 and H4SiW12O40 heteropolyacids supported on Zirconia. Studies in Surface Sciences and Catalysis, 2000, p. 2591-2596
7. Abdel Ghaffar A. Ali, Fawzia F. Abdallah, Fikry M. Ebeid. Effect of cations introduced into 12-molybdophosphoric acid on its catalytic properties in dehydration of 2-propanol. Physical Sciences Section, 1993,vol. 36, № 12, p. 497-501