NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF MULTIPHYSICS PROBLEMS BY MEANS OF GENERALIZED METHOD OF LINES ON THE ADAPTIVE AND MOVING MESHES
Arseniyev-Obraztsov Sergey S.1
1Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas
Keywords: program code generation, method of lines, adaptive and mo- ving meshes
The problem of creating multipurpose software for code generation of numerical solvers for multi-dimensional systems of partial differential algebraic equations by means of generalized method of lines on the moving meshes for numerical simulation of the complicated multiphysics problems, have been considered and solved.
1. L.R. Petzold. A Description of DASSL: A Differential algebraic System Solver, SAND82-8637, Sandia Labs, Livermore, CA (1982).
2. P. Keast, P. Muir and T.B. Nokonechny. A Method of Lines Package, Based on Monomial Spline Collocation, for Systems of One Dimensional Parabolic Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis, World Scientific Publishing, (1996), pp. 207-224.
3. A.B. White. On Selection of Equidistributing Meshes for Two-point Boundary-value Problems, SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 16 (1979), pp. 472-502.
4. J.M. Sanz-Serna and I. Christie, it A Simple. Adaptive Technique for Nonlinear Wave Problems, J. Comput. Phys., 67 (1986), pp. 348-360.
5. S. Adjerid, J.E. Flaherty and Y.J. Wang. A Posteriori Error Estimation with Finite Element Methods of Lines for One-Dimensional Parabolic Systems, Numer. Math., 65 (1993), pp. 1-21.
6. W. Huang, Y. Ren and R.D. Russell. Moving Mesh Partial Differential Equations MMPDEs Based on the Equidistribution Principle, SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 31 (1994), pp. 709-730.
7. W. Huang, Y. Ren and R.D. Russell. Moving Mesh Methods Based on Moving Mesh Partial Differential Equations, J. Comput. Phys., 113 (1994), pp. 279-290.
8. K. Miller. Moving Finite Elements, SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 18 (1981), pp. 1033-1057.
9. Bieterman and I. Babuska. The Finite Element Method for Parabolic Equations. I. A Posteriori Error Estimation, Numer. Math., 40 (1982), pp. 339-371.
10. J.G. Verwer, J.G. Blom and J.M. Sanz-Serna. An adaptive Moving Grid Method for One-dimensional Systems of Partial Differential Equations, J. Comput. Phys., 82 (1989), pp. 454-486.