1Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research University), 65, Leninskiy prospect, Moscow, 119991, Russian Federation
Keywords: well unloading, coiled tubing, nitrogen lifting, gas lift annular flow, two-phase flow in annuli, optimization, lift performance relationship
This paper presents the results of a series of numerical experiments conducted with self-developed software, which is based on an original algorithm. This algorithm models the nitrogen lifting process. A list of most common problems related to this well operation is given. Our qualitative conclusions could help to predict the work of lifting equipment for different combinations of technological parameters. We recommend the new methodology, based on computer modelling for solving the considered problems.
1. Булатов А.И. Колтюбинговые технологии при бурении, закачивании и ремонте нефтяных и газовых скважин. — Краснодар: Просвещение-Юг, 2008. — 370 с.
2. Мищенко И.Т. Скважинная добыча нефти: Учебное пособие для вузов. — 2-е изд., испр. — М.: Изд-во “Нефть и газ” РГУ нефти и газа имени И.М. Губкина, 2007. — 826 с.
3. Молчанов А.Г. Машины и оборудование для добычи нефти и газа: Учебник для вузов. 2-е изд., исправленное и дополненное. — М.: Альянс, 2010. — 588 с.
4. Barnea D. Effect of Bubble Shape on Pressure Drop Calculations in Vertical Slug, Int. J. Multiphase Flow (1990) 16, р. 79-89.
5. Cachard F., Delhaye J.M. A Slug-Churn Flow Model for Small-Diameter Airlift Pumps, Int. J. Multiphase Flow (1996) 22, no. 4, р. 627-649.
6. Fuladgar A.M. et al. Optimization of Unloading Operation with Coiled Tubing (Nitrogen Lifting) in One of the Southern Iranian Oil Fields, paper presented at the The 8th International Chemical Engineering Congress & Exhibition (IChEC 2014) Kish, Iran, 24-27 February, 2014.
7. Gu H., Walton I.C. Development of a Computer Wellbore Simulator for Coiled-Tubing Operations, paper SPE 28222 presented at the SPE Petroleum Computer Conference held in Dallas, Texas, USA, 3 July — 3 August 1994.
8. Lage A., Time R. An Experimental and Theoretical Investigation of Upward Two-Phase Flow in Annuli, SPE 64525 presented at the SPE Asia Pacific Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition held in Brisbane, Australia, 16–18 October 2000.
9. Misselbrook J., Wilde G., Falk K. The Development and Use of a Coiled-Tubing Simulation for Horizontal Applications, paper SPE 22822 presented at the 66th Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition of the Society of Petroleum Engineers held in Dallas, TX, 6-9 October 1991.
10. Papadimitriou D.A. and Shoham O. A Mechanistic Model for Predicting Annulus Bottomhole Pressures in Pumping Wells, paper SPE 21669 presented at 1991 Production Operations Symposium, Oklahoma City, 7-9 April.
11. Salim P., Li J. Simulation of Liquid Unloading from a Gas Well with Coiled Tubing Using a Transient Software, paper SPE 124195 presented at the 2009 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition held in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 4-7 October 2009.
12. Xu Z., Maurera J., Shields C. Well Displacement Hydraulics — A Field Case Study and Simulation Investigation, paper SPE 137342 presented at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference held in Abu Dhabi, UAE, 1-4 November 2010.
13. Zhou Y., Smalley E., Opel S. Determination of Optimum N2 Rate for Unloading Gas Wells with Coiled Tubing, paper 143337 was prepared for presentation at the SPE/ICoTA Coiled Tubing and Well Intervention Conference and Exhibition held in The Woodlands, Texas, USA, 5-6 April 2011.